Today I got an email from my affiliate company which told me the about the relaunch of the Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite MasterCard®, which previously was not on the affiliate network but now is.
It’s has an offer with 35,000 points and an annual fee of $89. I’m sure some value can be found in the card. The card is issued by Barclays so it’s nice to have a new option along with the Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard and Miles and More cards that they already offer which in my opinion offer good deals.
Previously, Hawaiian had great redemptions on Virgin Atlantic. They’re still an airline I have yet to try, and their clubhouse in Heathrow looks fantastic, but now Skymiles can also be redeemed on VS (albeit with less availability), and not to mention that Hawaiian raised their award chart for Virgin Atlantic by over 50%. Then of course you could transfer your Hawaiian miles to Hilton at a rate of 1:2. But given the awful devaluation of Hilton points for their top properties the value of Hilton is fairly limited to stays of low to mid tier properties and in some cases, cash and points.
You can see their other partner redemptions here but none are particularly a great value, in my opinion. That leaves Hawaiian’s own award chart for redemptions on their metal, which you can see here. There are some values such as a North America – Hawaii one-way award in economy for 20,000 points or Domestic First for 40,000, but other than that it’s fairly limited.
I just find it interesting (as someone who is really unaffected by the “trends” in the credit card signup market) how in just over the span of a year the card has gone from something quite useful whereas now not so much.
I think some people may find some usability in this card, so definitely consider it. Of course, the Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite MasterCard® is only available to US residents.
Now back to your regularly schedule programming of the “I wish AMEX Canada had the US transfer partners and I wish Chase Ultimate Rewards came to Canada…”
Application Link: Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite MasterCard®
- Earn 35,000 BONUS MILES when you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days
- Enjoy a COMPLIMENTARY 1ST CHECKED BAG for the primary cardmember when you use your card to purchase eligible tickets directly from Hawaiian Airlines
- Receive a one-time50% OFF COMPANION DISCOUNT for roundtrip coach travel betweenHawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines
- Earn 2X miles on direct purchases from Hawaiian Airlines
- Earn 1X miles on all other purchases with no mileage caps
- No blackout dates plus access to discounted award flights on Hawaiian Airlines
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases1
- Get $100 off a companion ticket for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaiiand North America at each account anniversary
- Earn 5,000 annual bonus miles after $10,000 in annual spend
I do receive a commission if you are approved for a credit card using one of my affiliate links. As always, thanks for your support.