Here are some of the best credit cards to get as a Canadian. Let me know you have any questions!
HOT OFFER OF THE MONTH!!!
If I had to pick one card to get, this would be the one!
- 60,000 bonus Membership Rewards points after $1000 spend within the first three months
- Annual $200 travel credit
- Access to Canadian Platinum Lounges and Priority Pass Lounges Worldwide
- Earn 1.25 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on all purchases
- Complimentary SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Club Carlson Gold and Le Club Accorhotels Platinum membership
- Comprehensive insurance coverage
- Annual fee of $699
This signup bonus is unprecedented – there has never been a 75,000 points signup offer in Canada, ever. Although it does carry a steep annual fee of $699, you get a $200 travel credit per calendar year, making the annual fee effectively $299. There are also some amazing benefits with the card, especially if you travel. For more reading, please see my detailed post on this incredible offer as well an analysis of whether getting the card is worth it.
Application Link: The American Express Platinum Card
Other Great Offers!
- Earn 40,000 welcome points by making $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months of Cardmembership.
- Transfer your points, at no charge, to many frequent flyer and other loyalty programs including 1:1 to Aeroplan and Avios.
- Maximize your cash flow with up to 55 interest-free days.
$250 Annual FeeFirst Year Annual Fee WAIVED which may be a tax deductible expense
This is a smoking deal, and currently the best credit card with no annual fee that offers such a high signup bonus. For full details on my commentary on this card, check out this post.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Membership Rewards points after $500 spend within the first three months
- Earn 2 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on gas, groceries, drugstores and travel
- Earn 1 Membership Rewards point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Annual fee of $150 waived for the first year
- 25,000 Bonus Miles upon approval
- An annual coach Companion Fare every year from $121 (USD)($99 base fare, plus taxes and fees from $22)
- 1 mile per $1 spent on every eligible purchase
- 3 miles per $1 spent on Alaska Airlines tickets, cargo purchases, in-flight purchases and vacation packages
- Redeem miles for flights to over 700 destinations worldwide, including exciting partners such as Cathay Pacific and Emirates
- Secure 24-hour online access to your account information
- International acceptance at millions of locations
- Enhanced security and protection with Chip & PIN technology andPayPass
- Earn our highest AeroplanPlus Gold Card miles offer of up to 26,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles when you charge $500 in purchases to your Card in the first three months of Cardmembership. That’s enough for two short-haul flights. Offer subject to change at any time.
- Earn 1 Aeroplan® Mile for every $1 of Card purchases up to $10,000 annually, and 1.25 Aeroplan Miles for every $1 of additional Card purchases over $10,000 annually.
- No annual fee for up to two Supplementary AeroplanPlus Gold Cards. The annual fee for additional Supplementary AeroplanPlus Gold Cards is $50 each
- Receive 15,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points
- Earn 4x Scotia Rewards points for every $1 you spend at eligible gas stations, grocery stores, on dining and entertainment
- Flexible Point Redemption: Purchase travel on your card from any travel provider, then call or go online to redeem your points for the travel purchase.
- Comprehensive travel insurance: Includes travel emergency medical (up to 25 days)
- Complimentary Concierge Services: 24/7 assistance with your travel and lifestyle bookings
- Access to Priority Pass Lounges Worldwide
- 30,000 Bonus Points after your first purchase
- 1 Free Night Stay at a Category 1-4 location upon approval
- Together, that’s enough for up to five free nights at a Category 1 Hotel (or 4 free nights at a Category 2 hotel)
- No international transaction or foreign exchange fees whatsoever
- 5 points per $1 spent at over 3,500 participating Marriott® locations
- 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies & restaurants
- 1 point per $1 spent on purchases elsewhere
- Achieve your next Elite membership level faster with 15 Nights Credit every year
- Receive one anniversary bonus free night stay at a Category 1-5 hotel every year just for having the card!
- No charge for additional cards
- Plus, the Annual Fee is waived for the first year
- Earn 1 reward mile for every $10 in Card purchases at AIR MILES®* Sponsors
- Earn 1 reward mile for every $10 in Card purchases at other eligible stand-alone grocery stores, gas stations, and drugstores in Canada
- Earn 1 reward mile for every $15 in Card purchases everywhere else
- $65 annual fee waived for the first year (annual interest rate on purchases 19.99% and 21.99% on funds advances)
- Earn 2,000 reward miles when you make $500 in purchases within your first three months of Cardmembership.
- Earn 1 AIR MILES® reward mile for every $15 in Card purchases at AIR MILES® Sponsors
- Earn 1 reward mile for every $20 in purchases everywhere else the Card is used
- No annual fee (preferred rate for purchases is 19.99% and funds advances is 21.99%).
- Earn our American Express AIR MILES Credit Card miles offer of 500 Bonus reward miles.