Need help completing minimum spend? It's your last chance to get the CIBC AC Conversion Card, which you can load with Visa and MasterCard to earn lots of points! Applying for the card is free. For more details, check out my post.
Here are some of the best credit cards to get as a Canadian. Let me know you have any questions!
- Public offer: 50,000 bonus points after $3,000 spending in your first three months.
- Annual $200 travel credit
- Access to Canadian Platinum Lounges and Priority Pass Lounges Worldwide
- Earn 1.25 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on all purchases
- Fast-track to SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Club Carlson Gold elite memberships
- Comprehensive insurance coverage
- Annual fee of $699
- Public Offer: Earn 30,000 bonus points by making $5,000 in purchases in your first three months.
- Transfer your points, at no charge, to many frequent flyer and other loyalty programs including 1:1 to Aeroplan and Avios.
- Maximize your cash flow with up to 55 interest-free days.
$250 Annual FeeFirst Year Annual Fee WAIVED which may be a tax deductible expense
This is a smoking deal, and currently the best credit card with no annual fee that offers such a high signup bonus. For full details on my commentary on this card, check out this post.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Membership Rewards points after $1500 spend within the first three months
- Earn 2 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on gas, groceries, drugstores and travel
- Earn 1 Membership Rewards point per dollar spent on all other purchases
MBNA Alaska Airlines Mastercard (Not Available in Quebec)
- 25,000 Bonus Miles upon approval
- An annual coach Companion Fare every year from $121 (USD)($99 base fare, plus taxes and fees from $22)
- 1 mile per $1 spent on every eligible purchase
- 3 miles per $1 spent on Alaska Airlines tickets, cargo purchases, in-flight purchases and vacation packages
- Redeem miles for flights to over 700 destinations worldwide, including exciting partners such as Cathay Pacific and Emirates
- Secure 24-hour online access to your account information
- International acceptance at millions of locations
- Enhanced security and protection with Chip & PIN technology andPayPass
- Receive 25,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points, First Year Annual Fee Waived!
- Earn 4x Scotia Rewards points for every $1 you spend at eligible gas stations, grocery stores, on dining and entertainment
- Flexible Point Redemption: Purchase travel on your card from any travel provider, then call or go online to redeem your points for the travel purchase.
- Comprehensive travel insurance: Includes travel emergency medical (up to 25 days)
- Complimentary Concierge Services: 24/7 assistance with your travel and lifestyle bookings
- Access to Priority Pass Lounges Worldwide