Travelling abroad? Get the HomeTrust Preferred Visa - the only Canadian credit card with no foreign transaction fees AND no annual fees. Compared to other cards, this saves you up to 2.5% on purchases internationally!
Here are some of the best credit cards to get as a Canadian. Let me know you have any questions!
- Public offer: 50,000 bonus points after $3,000 spending in your first three months.
- Annual $200 travel credit
- Access to Canadian Platinum Lounges and Priority Pass Lounges Worldwide
- Earn 1.25 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on all purchases
- Fast-track to SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Club Carlson Gold elite memberships
- Comprehensive insurance coverage
- Annual fee of $699
- Public Offer: Earn 30,000 bonus points by making $5,000 in purchases in your first three months.
- Transfer your points, at no charge, to many frequent flyer and other loyalty programs including 1:1 to Aeroplan and Avios.
- Maximize your cash flow with up to 55 interest-free days.
$250 Annual FeeFirst Year Annual Fee WAIVED which may be a tax deductible expense
This is a smoking deal, and currently the best credit card with no annual fee that offers such a high signup bonus. For full details on my commentary on this card, check out this post.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Membership Rewards points after $1500 spend within the first three months
- Earn 2 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on gas, groceries, drugstores and travel
- Earn 1 Membership Rewards point per dollar spent on all other purchases
MBNA Alaska Airlines Mastercard (Not Available in Quebec)
- 25,000 Bonus Miles upon approval
- An annual coach Companion Fare every year from $121 (USD)($99 base fare, plus taxes and fees from $22)
- 1 mile per $1 spent on every eligible purchase
- 3 miles per $1 spent on Alaska Airlines tickets, cargo purchases, in-flight purchases and vacation packages
- Redeem miles for flights to over 700 destinations worldwide, including exciting partners such as Cathay Pacific and Emirates
- Secure 24-hour online access to your account information
- International acceptance at millions of locations
- Enhanced security and protection with Chip & PIN technology andPayPass
- Receive 15,000 bonus points with your first $1000 in everyday purchases in the first 3 months
- Earn 4x Scotia Rewards points for every $1 you spend at eligible gas stations, grocery stores, on dining and entertainment
- Flexible Point Redemption: Purchase travel on your card from any travel provider, then call or go online to redeem your points for the travel purchase.
- Comprehensive travel insurance: Includes travel emergency medical (up to 25 days)
- Complimentary Concierge Services: 24/7 assistance with your travel and lifestyle bookings
- Access to Priority Pass Lounges Worldwide