TD has been issuing Aeroplan co-branded credit cards in Canada for a few months, and they’ve had I one public promotion in April, where the first year annual fee were waived on some of their credit cards.
A reader forwarded an TD Aeroplan Banking offer he was targeted for allowing him to earn up to 115,000 Aeroplan miles by opening new banking accounts.
That’s right, my title wasn’t wrong and your eyes aren’t seeing incorrectly. 115,000 Aeroplan miles! That’s almost enough for a mini-RTW in business class. To my knowledge he does have a TD Aeroplan credit card. You can actually check your eligibility for these offers online through this link here. If you’re targeted you’ll probably be directed to a different page. Unfortunately, none of my accounts I manage were targeted, even though some do have a TD Aeroplan Visa linked to the account. You’d probably get a message similar to the one below for a non-targeted account.
For opening checking, savings, investment, and cross-border banking accounts, you could earn 75,000 miles and an additional 10,000 mile bonus for opening all their products, which is incredibly impressive. The Small Business offer is for 30,000 Aeroplan for a combined total of 115,000 miles!
This is a very lucrative offer targeted at those who don’t bank with TD (but have their credit card) to try to get them to switch over all their banking. It’s very smart and it’s great to see TD leveraging their partnership with Aeroplan. I’ve never seen an offer this big that isn’t involved with opening some credit card, so it’s a really great offer to take advantage of if you are targeted. If not, then… 🙁
The easiest way to accumulate 25,000 Aeroplan miles in Canada is the American Express Gold Card, which offers 25,000 Membership Rewards points after $500 in minimum spending within the first six months of holding the card. These points transfer at a 1:1 ratio to Aeroplan. Luckily, this is a public offer.
I’ve listed the bonuses below.
TD Aeroplan Banking Offers (Targeted)
Earn 25,000 miles
• Open a new TD All-inclusive Banking Plan or Unlimited Chequing Account in your name during the period from August 5 to October 31, 2014; and
• Apply for overdraft protection on the Chequing Account by October 31, 2014;
• Complete two of the following three activities by December 12, 2014 for the new Chequing Account that has been opened:
a. A direct deposit to the Chequing Account;
b. A monthly Pre-authorized Debit from the Chequing Account; or
c. An online bill payment from the Chequing Account either through EasyWeb or the TD mobile app.
Earn 5,000 miles
• Open a new TD High Interest Savings Account (“Savings Account”) in your name during the period from August 5 to October 31, 2014;
• Set up a Personal Transfer Service for a minimum amount of $10.00 by October 31, 2014 for the Savings Account that has been opened and maintain
this service between October 31, 2014 and January 31, 2015; and
• Maintain a $5,000 minimum balance in the Savings Account between November1, 2014 and January 31, 2015
Earn 20,000 miles
• Open a new TD Canada Trust U.S. dollar account with a Borderless Plan (“TD Canada Trust Account”) in your name during the period from August 5 to October 31, 2014;
• Open a new TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, U.S. Dollar Premier Checking Account (“TD Bank Account”) in your name during the period from August 5 to October 31, 2014; and
• Link your TD Canada Trust Account and TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, Account through TD Cross-Border Online Account Portfolio View by October 31, 2014.
Earn 25,000 miles
• Open and fund a new TD Direct Investing account (“DI Account”) in your name during the period from August 5 to October 31, 2014; and
• Maintain a $50,000 minimum balance between November 1, 2014 and January 31, 2015.
Special Offer for Small Business
Earn 30,000 miles
Open a new TD Canada Trust Business Chequing Account with a TD Every Day A, B or C, or Unlimited, Business Plan between August 5 and October 31, 2014
I’ve also uploaded the entire document with the targeted offer, available here: TD Aeroplan Banking Offers (Targeted)
Tip of the Hat to Boris