One of my favourite cards for people looking to getting started with miles/points is the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite. Today, TD has released a new set of offers which are quite good for the Canadian market.
TD offers two co-branded Aeroplan cards:
- TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite: Get up to 30,000 Aeroplan Miles!
- TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege: Get up to 55,000 Aeroplan Miles!
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Offer Discussion
30,000 miles is currently the highest signup offer available for Aeroplan co-branded credit cards. Furthermore, it is great that no minimum spend is required for either of these cards – just a purchase of any amount will unlock the promotional offer.
If you sign up for the American Express Gold Card as well, you can earn up to a total of 60,000 Aeroplan miles, fee-free. American Express Membership Rewards transfer at a 1:1 ratio to Aeroplan, allowing you to pool your bonuses together.
Additional Reading: American Express Gold Rewards Card Welcome Bonus increased to 30,000 Points!
Although there is only a 50% fee rebate available, the TD All-Inclusive banking package allows you to increase that to 100%. It waives the annual fee for this card not only once, but permanently. What’s important as well, is that the fee for the first supplementary card is also rebated.
If you apply for the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite offer along with the TD All-Inclusive package, you save an additional $90 right off the bat while still getting the full 30,000 miles offer.
60,000 miles is enough for a one-way business class ticket to Europe, valued upwards of $2,000. If you utilize carriers like Swiss, United, or Scandinavian, with no fuel surcharge, you pay nothing additional other than taxes.
- Receive a Welcome Bonus of 25,000 Aeroplan Miles with your first Purchase
- You could receive another 25,000 Aeroplan Miles1 when you keep your Account open, active and in good standing for 90 days after Account approval
- In addition, you could receive 5,000 Aeroplan Miles when you add an Authorized User to your Account by June 14, 2017 (Authorized User must call and activate their Card by July 31, 2017)
- Receive a Welcome Bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles with your first Purchase
- 10,000 Aeroplan Miles1 when you keep your Account open, active and in good standing for 90 days after Account approval
- 5,000 Aeroplan Miles when you add an Authorized User to your Account by June 14, 2017 (Authorized User must call and activate their Card by July 31, 2017)
- 50% Annual Fee Rebate for the first year (Primary Cardholder only) – that’s $60 in savings!
Am I Eligible for this Card?
TD’s policy on getting a card multiple times is that you will not receive the bonus if you’ve opened the same product within the last six months.
I highly recommend this card, especially for beginners, because this is an easy way to start earning Aeroplan miles especially if you don’t want to open too many credit cards.