This morning American Express has raised the signup bonus to the very generous 20,000 (21,000) point signup offer with first year waived. Now AMEX has raised the bonus to 25,000 points!!! It doesn’t seem that this is a limited-time offer as there’s no mention of an expiration date, so this is absolutely fantastic! You earn the 25,000 points with $500 of spending.
With your transfer partners that AMEX has (most important Aeroplan and Avios) you could definitely get at least a $500 value if not more from Aeroplan. I am so ecstatic! I would say this is probably the best signup bonus for ANY card without exorbitant annual fees as the first year fee is waived. If you do plan to apply, remember to check the terms of the offer here:
- Earn a Welcome Bonus of 25,000 Membership Rewards® points when you charge $500 in purchases to your Card in your first 3 months of Cardmembership
- Earn double points on eligible travel and everyday purchases
- Transfer your points to frequent flyer programs, or one-to-one to Aeroplan® and Avios
- Charge any travel to your Card then pay for it with points
- 1 Free Supplementary Gold Rewards Card (a $50* value) to help you earn points faster
Of course the fourth option I like the least because you only get $250, but in some domestic travel circumstances it may be useful.
But this is a fantastic card and I personally have it and recommend it. If you do plan on doing a churn please read my post about churning in Canada here and the application link is in the sidebar to the right:
I am trying to avoid putting text affiliate links in a post, so this is my compromise. Note that I do get some points if you use my link but no money, so if you do use it I appreciate the support!